LightBlog

lundi 22 août 2016

Verizon LG G5 (VS987) dropping data connection

Hey guys,

I recently got an LG G5 last month. The phone was running pretty darn well until about a week and a half ago. Before I go into detail about my problem, I would like to point out that this is the 3rd 4G phone I've ever had through Verizon, but this is the FIRST time I've encountered this issue.

Anyway, on to the issue. My data signal is dropping TREMENDOUSLY. In areas where I used to have a moderately weak 4G signal I'm now dropping all the way to 1X or no signal whatsoever. The troubleshooting I've performed consists of the following:

1) Rebooting the phone
2) Toggling mobile data off and back on
3) Toggling airplane mode on and back off
4) Experimenting with different network types (Global and CDMA/LTE)
5) Booting into safe mode to see if any 3rd party apps are causing the problem
6) Taking the SIM card out and putting it back in
7) Replacing the SIM card altogether

The only one of these techniques that showed promise was replacing the SIM card. The phone seemed to work well for a few hours, but later in the evening it went back to it's old problems.

I've searched online for this issue, and I've seen several other cases of this with no real solution. Here is a list of links to other people's complaints:

(The first 2 links are for the Verizon variant, the last 2 links are regarding G5's from other carriers)

http://ift.tt/2bGWOnR

http://ift.tt/2bGX5r6

http://ift.tt/2bGXk5p

http://ift.tt/1tWsyNf

Anyway, Verizon tech support is pretty much useless. When standard troubleshooting doesn't work, they typically have two final "troubleshooting" techniques: 1) Factory data reset 2) Warranty replacement

I refuse to do a factory data reset because out of all the phones I've ever owned, a factory data reset has never served as a permanent solution, EVER. Occasionally, it might fix the problem for a short period of time, but it inevitably goes back to it's old problems. Not to mention, it's such a pain to get my phone set back up the way I like it after the reset.

The warranty replacement seems like a waste of time too because of other people having the same issue. It sounds more like a problem with phone design rather than my specific device.

Anyway, do you guys have any troubleshooting suggestions? Have any of you experienced the same thing? If you have experienced it, PLEASE call Verizon tech support at least once a day and report the issue. It's currently not categorized as a "known issue" because it's not received enough "hits". However, once enough people report the same issue enough times, Verizon deems it as a "known issue", and they get off their butts to find a solution to the problem. We need a ton of people to complain about this.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bpYmoO
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire